Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus2 performance

Havoc Pennington wrote:

Manuel Clos <llanero jazzfree com> writes:
say 12 dirs, 4 files in the home dir. When you hit reload it takes
some time to shown it again, but everything should be cached, isn't
it? where is then the bottleneck?

Um, the point of hitting reload is to throw out the cache and reload
it. ;-)

Havoc

Yes, this is ok, but I was meaning that the Operating System has the inodes already loaded, so reading the directory contents doesn't take my hard disk to read them again. I don't see my hard disk reading when I hit reload, I see top cpu usage (95 % user) for about a second, no cpu activy for about 0.5 seconds, and then close to the 2 seconds the contents is drawn.

Where is this cpu usage spent?
Why does it "wait" to drawn the icons?

Hope I have explained better now.

Thanks.

--
Manuel Clos
llanero jazzfree com

* Si no puedes hacerlo bien, hazlo bonito (Bill Gates)
* If you can't do it well, do it nice (Bill Gates)