Re: [Nautilus-list] PATCH: enable renaming of .desktop files

On 1/10/02 3:09 PM, "Frank Worsley" <fworsley shaw ca> wrote:

> The attached patch is a cleaned up version of my earlier patch.

How did you test this? Did you test the case of a ".desktop" file on a
non-local file system? A ".desktop" file that's not writable in a writable
directory? A ".desktop" file that's not writable in a non-writable
directory? A ".desktop" file that's not writable in a writable directory?

I notice that your code in nautilus-file.c ignore the return value from
nautilus_link_desktop_file_local_set_text, which I suspect could be a
mistake, but I suspect you'd see that if you tried the test cases above.

Since this is the first bit of Nautilus coding using the
nautilus_desktop_file_save function (I think), you should make sure that the
written-out desktop files preserve all the stuff from the original desktop
files.

Patch looks good. Feel free to commit once you've considered my remarks.

    -- Darin