Re: [Nautilus-list] PATCH: making the splitter hide from the menu

On 1/12/02 8:29 AM, "Diego González" <dggonz yahoo com> wrote:

> this patch make the splitter hide/unhide when selecting so from the
> menu.

There is one small problem with this patch. After this patch, if you click
on the splitter, it will disappear. Clicking is supposed to be a shortcut to
make the sidebar collapse, but it's not supposed to make the splitter
disappear altogether, since the way you make the splitter expand again is to
click on it a second time.

So if we want the splitter to hide when we say "Hide Sidebar" in the menu,
we need to add a new call, distinct from collapse/expand. Note also, that
there is no "Hide Splitter" in the menu, so saying "when selecting so" is a
bit misleading. But I do agree that it would be nice for people who never
want to use the sidebar to also never deal with the splitter.

Please don't commit this patch until you deal with the issue I discussed
here.

    -- Darin