Re: [Nautilus-list] How to suppress new window when mounting filesystem

On 1/2/02 6:59 AM, "Frederic Crozat" <fcrozat mandrakesoft com> wrote:

> I also plan to add some controls in Nautilus Preferences to disable this
> automatic opening (when magicdev is not installed), since I've just got
> some comments from people who don't want nautilus to open new window at
> all...

Now that's how we end up with a truly messy set of preferences. We'll have
one in Nautilus (perhaps more than one since you say "some controls"),
another in the MagicDev control center pane for Red Hat users, different
rules for CD-ROMs and other mounted devices, different behavior depending on
whether you do it through Nautilus or through the command line.

I'd like to get a sense of the overview of everything you plan to do before
we put this patch in. Consider this question when doing the design: The
other major platforms do not have a preference for whether a window opens
when you insert a CD, so why do we need to complicate things for Linux by
having so many different settings for this?

    -- Darin