Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus 1.0.6 freezes only as non-root user

From: Grant Turrill <Grant Turrill imvs sa gov au>
To: Tim Lee <tlee37 hotmail com>
CC: nautilus-list lists eazel com
Subject: Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus 1.0.6 freezes only as non-root user
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 20:25:34 +1130 (CST)

Dear List,

I too had the dreaded root only running problem. I'm
not sure if this current problem is related to mine,
but I was able to fix it by ensuring that the
directory /tmp/orbit-<username> and all files under
where owned by <username>. Somehow the /tmp/orbit-
<username> on my system was owned by root. I'm not sure
how. All I did was chmod -R
username.username /tmp/orbit-username

It goes without saying that you substitute username for
the non-privileged user that you want to run as.

Regards, Grant