Re: [Nautilus-list] Patch: Show hidden files toolbarbutton

On Mon, 2002-02-11 at 19:33, Michael Petnuch wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-02-11 at 17:24, David Moles wrote:
> >Aiyeeeeee! Good point. Particularly as (unless I'm missing something)
> >there's no way to set any per-directory preferences for the desktop.
>
> I could be wrong but I was thinking since nautilus writes a
> ".nautilus-metafile.xml"  a setting could be added to the metafile that
> would specify wether or not this directory has viewing hiden files
> enables.  Then when nautilus enters the directory it would select wether
> or not to display them according the xml file.  Would something like
> this be possible?

I'd think so, but requiring someone to edit an XML file sounds like
exactly the wrong thing to do. :) My point isn't that it's not possible
in software (this seems to be where nautilus stores all the other per-
directory preferences), just that there's no user interface for it.

Hmm... now I'm tempted to start hacking my desktop .nautilus-metafile.
Wonder how much trouble I can get into....