Re: [Nautilus-list] nautilus site content

On Wed, 2002-02-06 at 09:29, Jon Allen wrote:
> On 6 Feb 2002, Glen Gray wrote:
>
> > That list looked great. There is some overlap with files there. The main
> > thing that caught my attention was the Themes. Themes.org have got
> > support for Nautilus (though there aren't many there last I checked.).
> > So perhaps some info on how to create themes and then a pointer to
> > themes.org web-site.
> >

> Thanks for mentioning that.  I haven't been around to themes.org
> recently, I didn't realize we had themes for nautilus there.  A theme
> creation doc and pointer to themes.org should suffice.  The offerings there
> are pretty slim, we need to get more up [hint to anyone out there with
> n. themes].

If you're willing to put in the work I would encourage you to have a
themes section in-spite of themes.org. Themes.org has:

a) a convoluted interface
b) goes down a lot for extended periods
c) collects any and all submissions

I think having a reliable site that actually filtered themes a little
would be of great value to many people. Actually, I've briefly discussed
the idea of doing this for all GNOME-related themes.

-Seth