Re: [Nautilus-list] places, locations, sidebar-tree

> thank you for the snide comment.  No better way to start my morning.
> Anyway, though, to have various starting points in the tree view would
> resolve some of the clutter and make it useful.  Personally, I always
> wish that I could start the tree view in my home directory.  That way I
> could actually use it to copy files into there.  Additionally, being
> able to add a starting point like /usr/src would make my life a lot
> easier in many cases.  I could just navigate to those places on the
> current tree, but I prefer not to have my sidebar take up half of a
> window, which is the amount of space it needs to keep the tree view from
> looking cluttered.  Just a thought.

I do apologise if you misinterpret my post, it wasn't meant to be snide.
You seem to be missing my obvious point that the functionality you
describe above, Nautilus already has.

When you right-click on an object, choose "make link" and move that link
to where you want it: Home directory, desktop, panel...

This is the best way of doing it. Any other way would be an undesirable
namespace fragmentation of Microsoft-level severity.

Again, sorry for any offence caused.

Martin