Re: Integration of samba in nautilus

Hi Jonathan,

On Fri, 2002-08-30 at 13:29, Johnathan Bailes wrote:
> There is no way to smbmount "permanently" a windows network share to
> some memorable location with nautilus.

	You can have a shortcut 'desktop' file in some directory that points at
it that might be almost as good;

> Also, as you mentioned there is currently no Network Neighborhood icon

	This is also just a matter of a desktop file that points at smb:/// -
the problem is, the samba support is not shipped as standard, and at
last check was pretty buggy and incomplete. So it doesn't seem the best
idea to point everyone at it, but perhaps I'm behind the times.

	Regards,

		Michael.