Re: canonicalization change broke eel check

Le mer 14/08/2002 à 10:38, Alexander Larsson a écrit :
> The following change (i think) broke make distcheck in eel:
> 2002-07-15  Frederic Crozat  <fcrozat mandrakesoft com>
>
> 	* libgnomevfs/gnome-vfs-uri.c: (set_uri_element):
> 	canonize NULL uri into "/". "start-here:" will now be
> 	canonized into "start-here:///", fixing some monitoring
> 	problem in nautilus
>

> make distcheck in eel breaks in the self-tests like this:

Oops, didn't check that.. I also fixed test in gnome-vfs but not in
eel..

> eel_make_uri_canonical() that uses gnome_vfs_make_uri_canonical() is used
> a lot. Are we sure this behavorial change is correct everywhere? Nautilus
> may rely on the old behaviour somewhere.

My fix was to ensure that we never get "start-here:" (or other
"method:") URI after canonization because file/directory monitoring
become completey screwed in nautilus :
-if you are viewing start-here: in nautilus and if a new file appears in
the start-here: directory, monitoring was sending a "file added" signal
with "start-here:///new_file.desktop" and nautilus, checking if this
file was part of the viewed directory compared start-here: to
start-here:///, which are not the same => changed not reflected in the
UI..

The problem was also present in applications: :((

--
Frédéric Crozat
MandrakeSoft