Re: Let's remove the Nautilus News sidepanel

http://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?product=nautilus&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=&emailtype1=substring&emailassigned_to1=1&email2=&emailtype2=substring&emailreporter2=1&changedin=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&short_desc=&short_desc_type=substring&long_desc=news&long_desc_type=substring&bug_file_loc=&bug_file_loc_type=substring&status_whiteboard=&status_whiteboard_type=substring&keywords=&keywords_type=anywords&op_sys_details=&op_sys_details_type=substring&version_details=&version_details_type=substring&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&form_name=query
> after all, I think we've all seen the "News sidepanel has crashed"
> dialogs.
>
> More importantly, I don't think that News feeds have any place in a
file
> manager, or in a desktop environment. We've got the same thing in
> Evolution's summary any way.

I agree. Since it was first added, I've thought the news sidebar was
totally out of place.

However, it looks like some people really like it. For those people, I'm
wondering, why do you prefer the Nautilus news sidebar to, for example,
the Evolution news Summary?

--Ben