Re: [Nautilus-list] The Future of Nautilus

On Wed, 2002-04-17 at 19:27, Alex Larsson wrote:
> > 2. Easy access to the "Show hidden Files" setting.
> Wasn't someone working on this? I distinctly remember patches floating
> around. I remember some crack about putting it on the toolbar, which we
> won't do, but we should probably add it to the menus.

I think the discussion came to a stand off over the toolbar and all
sorts of other UI change requests. IIRC the majotity wanted this in the
menus at least.

There was a patch that didn't quite satisfy all situations. Darin
pointed out some things that could be done and nothing was mentioned
after that I think.

> > 3. Integration of Nautilus preferences into the gnome control center.
>
> The control center is being phased out in favour of nautilus acting like a
> shell for the capplets. :)

Yes, but Nautilus preferences like the Apperance and the much talked
about Home folder as Desktop etc. are all still integrated into Nautilus
via the Edit/Preference. I think he means are those settings in the
control panel. That wouldn't make sense in my opinion. Unless it was
done in the same was as the Sawfish options. But even then....

> > With that said I recently installed Mandrake8.2 and Nautilus is at least
> > 3 times faster and twice as functional than in 8.1 - the progress is
> > incredible. Congratulations and many thanks to all the Nautilus
> > developers.
>
> Dude, try Nautilus 2. It'll blow your mind. :)
> (If you ignore all the bugs.)

Some of the bugs will blow do that too if he tries to debug them :-)

--
Glen Gray             Software Engineer