Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: nautilus & signals ...

Hi Darin,

On Wed, 2002-04-10 at 17:05, Darin Adler wrote:
> I can think of one example of this, NautilusIconContainer's use for
> FMIconView. For that case, it would be good to change it to use
> inheritance rather than signal handlers.

	Yep - that's the one I tackled, but only for the very hammered signals,
so it's left somewhat half way in transition between a tacked
on signal thing and a virtually inherited thing.

> I don't know of any other examples.

	In nautilus-window-manage-views we have:

#define FOR_EACH_NAUTILUS_WINDOW_SIGNAL(macro) \
	macro (change_selection)			\
	macro (change_status)				\

static void
connect_view (NautilusWindow *window, NautilusViewFrame *view)
{
	#define CONNECT(signal) g_signal_connect \
        	(view, #signal, \
                 G_CALLBACK (signal##_callback), window);
        FOR_EACH_NAUTILUS_WINDOW_SIGNAL (CONNECT)
	#undef CONNECT
}

	which confused me pretty well the first time I was grokking the code (
and subsequently :-).

	But that's the only other place I was thinking of.

	Regards,

		Michael.