Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: nautilus & signals ...

On Wednesday, April 10, 2002, at 08:57 AM, Michael Meeks wrote:

	The other thing is that I must say I'm not convinced about the choice
of overloading shed loads of signals on objects to implement complex
functionality instead of just sub-classing it in the normal way. It
seems to me a fairly obscure and complex way of doing something that is
more legible, standard (and faster) to do with virtual methods and
inheritance.

I can think of one example of this, NautilusIconContainer's use for FMIconView. For that case, it would be good to change it to use inheritance rather than signal handlers.

I don't know of any other examples.

    -- Darin