Re: [Nautilus-list] Proposed string changes to the Nautilus UI

For a detailed explanation of why we use statusbar, see
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-doc-list/2001-December/msg00075.html.

Even if not everything in the Lay Out Items submenu is not sorting, in a
strict sense of the word, I think that the functionality is close enough
to sorting for the term Sort to be acceptable and meaningful as a menu
item. Another possible name for the submenu is Arrange or Arrange Items.

I see your point about desktop and desktop background. In the course of
writing the documentation, we need to refer to everything on your
screen, including panels, windows, and so on (desktop) and the
background only (desktop background). The terms are defined in the
documentation Style Guide
(http://developer.gnome.org/documents/style-guide/gnome-glossary-desktop.html).
I think this problem can be resolved by changing the UI labels slightly.
Gerald Champagne raised this with me previously, but I would prefer to
deal with it in a separate mail to avoid the issues getting tangled
together.

Eugene