Re: [Nautilus-list] Redhat merge status
- From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs noisehavoc org>
- To: Alex Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- Cc: Darin Adler <darin bentspoon com>, Nautilus <nautilus-list lists eazel com>
- Subject: Re: [Nautilus-list] Redhat merge status
- Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 14:42:08 -0700
On 26Sep2001 04:33PM (-0400), Alex Larsson wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, Darin Adler wrote:
> > on 9/26/01 10:02 AM, Alex Larsson at alexl redhat com wrote:
> > > * We disable automatic appends of thrash emblems because of performance
> > > problems with it.
> > For 1.0.5, I think we should either do this or fix the performance problem.
> The performance problem is that it calls eel_uri_is_in_trash() for each
> files, which causes it to search for trash in the directory of the file
> using gnome_vfs_find_directory(). This can be quite costly i believe.
It seems like it should be really easy to optimize this now that trash
search is no longer costly and searches a fixed small set of locations
] [Thread Prev