Re: [GNOME VFS] Re: [Nautilus-list] uri types

On 04 Sep 2001 13:24:31 -0700, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> On 04Sep2001 02:47PM (-0500), David wrote:
> > Also, is ssh:// going to be supported anytime soon?  scp?  I am probably
> > very wrong here, but wouldnt implementing scp be almost as easy as ftp?
>
> ssh is supported in the latest gnome-vfs in the cvs stable branch, but
> you need to include the username and password in the URI (until some
> enterprising soul adds gnome-vfs authentication callback support to
> the ssh module).

No, its basically unsupported. It may work it if you have your keys set
up to not require a password or passphrase but it hasn't been tested
much. I'm going to remove it real soon now.

The openssh code is broken beyond belief for this kind of thing. Theres
no way at all to hook authentication reliably. If I get enthusiastic I
might look at ripping off the protocol code from one of the alternative
ssh implementations.

Ian