Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: [Galeon-devel] native scrollbars (again)

On Tue, 2001-10-23 at 21:59, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:

    Talking of hackeritis without any more detail doesnt look very
    costructive but well ... let's forget it.
    Oh, and we do __real__ user testing, or what are about all these
    mail on galeon-devel ? :)

Mails from other hackers? :-)

I agree galeon is nice. I like some of the features a lot, like tabs and
the history and auto-bookmarks, but heck, not _everything_ needs to be
configurable really. It should not take hours to set the preferences for
you.

One should rather make it behave like one expects it to work (user
testing helps here) and to set most things right by default. Not
everything needs an option in the preferences. I mean, it is cool that a
tab changes color while the page is loading, but.. uhm.. nobody will die
of frustration if you cannot customize the color. It is small things
like this that creep in to the preferences dialog, and then it starts to
resemble an adventure game :-)

I guess one solution is to have hacker-tuning configuration file in
~/.gnome/galeon-hacker-features where one can change things with a text
editor, instead of dumping everything on the preferences.

[note that I am not on galeon-devel, so if you reply, either Cc: me or
crosspost to nautilus-list as well]

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert ximian com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::