[Nautilus-list] Re: [Galeon-devel] native scrollbars (again)

On Tue, 2001-10-23 at 17:55, Christopher Blizzard wrote:
> Mark Nelson wrote:
>
> > 1) Alot of discussion has been happening on the list about an embedded
> > galeon view for nautilus, and it'd be nice to finally get galeon (and
> > hence nautilus) looking consistant with other gnome apps.
>

> Agreed.  The idea of a Nautilus view is a good one.  My only concern in
> this area is that hackeritis that seems to have invaded galeon invades
> Nautilus as well.  They are very picky about what apps look like and
> they do real user testing in order to get things right.  It's important
> that is respected when talking about making a view.

Talking of hackeritis without any more detail doesnt look very
costructive but well ... let's forget it.
Oh, and we do __real__ user testing, or what are about all these
mail on galeon-devel ? :)

About the view:

Our work is mainly targeted to help the GNOME community. It seems like
many users and developers like the idea of an integrated browser.
Personally I like our hacky user interface, so I plan to continue to use
it. About the view user interface, I'm totally opened to the community
feedback. (suggestions, comments and code).

It would be great if people could try out current code and give us
impressions and suggestions, but for the lazy I'll try to describe
current status of it.

Browser features
It behaves exactly like galeon, so embedded mozilla + our downloader and
our prompt dialogs.

Find. Our current dialog opened from Edit->Find nautilus menu.
Print Our current dialog opened from File->Print menu
Zoom Nautilus ui ...

Context menus are very similar to galeon. There are also items to open
links/images/frames in galeon, and to add a galeon bookmark.

Popups are opened in a galeon window ... this may change but as Chris
explained it will need changes to nautilus.

We use nautilus history (both for session and global).

Nautilus bookmarks are available as for any other view.

It would be great if people could help us find out what is not fitting
with nautilus UI.

Marco