Re: [Nautilus-list] Scripts directory

On Wed, 2001-10-17 at 19:12, Ross Burton wrote:
    On Wed, 2001-10-17 at 10:30, Jeff Waugh wrote:
    > Whilst we're here, why have the newer Nautilii used .gnome/nautilus-scripts
    > instead of .nautilus/scripts? It seems like a very haphazard change, and not
    > very 'least surprise' in nature.

    I believe this was due to the fact that the Nautilus folder only
    contained the scripts folder and some icons.  The icons have been moved
    to the start-here: URL handler so the scripts have been moved out of the
    way so the Nautilus directory can be removed.  Thank god, IMHO.  All I
    want now is for Evolution to use .evolution/ not evolution/.

I also have icons and folders on the desktop (== my $HOME) that annoy
me, like nsmail, evolution, AdobeFntList (<- made by Acroread, being
chmod 777 by the way, if you didnt know..)

There is a kludge you can use to literally swipe those under a rug:
Temporarily move your gnome panel away if it is on the bottom, drag
those files to the very bottom of the screen, and drag the panel back
there so it covers them. Tada! No more visible cruft-folders! :-)

Yes, it is a bad kludge, but works very well ..

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert ximian com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::