Re: [Nautilus-list] List View Usability Suggestion

On 07Oct2001 12:17PM (-0500), Jamin P. Gray wrote:

> Tackling the task of sharing more code between list view and icon view
> would be useful (maybe post 2.0 (or whatever the version ported to GNOME
> 2.0 will be called).  A while back I was looking at the music view
> because I had some enhancements I wanted to add.  I wanted to make the
> music view more like the list view/icon view in some respects.  I had a
> picture of it looking a lot like it does now, except for the fact that
> the actual list of songs would be like the list view (you could drag
> songs into it, right click a track to get a context menu with options
> such as play song, remove song from playlist, delete the song file,
> etc.).  The primary reason I wanted this was so that I could view a
> directory of mp3's that I've downloaded and quickly listen to the song,
> delete it if it isn't a complete song, etc.

I've been working on this set of features for the music view (although
I've gotten a bit distracted by GNOME 2 lately). There's already bugs
for most of the individual items you mention (delete support, drag and
drop support, playlist support). To do implement all these features
easily requires a bit of refactoring of the music view though (right
now it's mostly one big class with little or no abstraction).

 - Maciej