Re: [Nautilus-list] List View Usability Suggestion

on 10/6/01 5:49 AM, Christian Glodt at christian glodt ist lu wrote:

> I vote for selection-by-clicking-anywhere-on-a-line.
>
> Opinions? Should I create a bug in bugzilla?

It would be OK to put a bug in bugzilla for this, although it's not likely
anyone is going to tackle this soon.

The topic is actually a subtle one. The tradeoff is between having a list
view that behaves a lot more like other lists, or a list view that behaves a
lot more like the icon view. Back when we had more contributors (when many
Eazel employees were coding on Nautilus) we had planned to redo the list
view to be a lot more like the icon view and share code with the icon view.

    -- Darin