Re: [Nautilus-list] (no subject)

Donny wrote:

> I'm trying to build nautilus against mozilla 0.9.6. But i keep getting
> an error that I need mozilla 0.9.5 or higher (which I have.) Any ideas?
>
> relevant configure output...
>
> checking for PL_strcmp in -lplc4... yes
> checking for PL_NewHashTable in -lplds4... yes
> checking for xpcom... yes
> checking for gdk_superwin_get_type in -lgtksuperwin... yes
> checking for gtk_moz_embed_get_type in -lgtkembedmoz... yes
> checking for Mozilla... yes
> checking for c++... c++
> checking whether the C++ compiler (c++  ) works... yes
> checking whether the C++ compiler (c++  ) is a cross-compiler... no
> checking whether we are using GNU C++... yes
> checking whether c++ accepts -g... yes
> configure: error: *** Mozilla 0.9.5 or greater is required to build the
> *** Nautilus Mozilla component.

This is because mozilla devel layout (the way the headers are installed)
changed radically between 0.9.5 & 0.9.6. To say mozilla have a good
version, nautilus configure.in seek for some specific signatures (some
funcs) in mozilla headers. As the layout changed, the configure script
do not find anymore these. Recent nautilus version take this into
account. You might be using a too old nautilus configure script version.
Try to upgrade ...

--
                                                          -o)
                   Remi Cohen-Scali                       /\\