Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: [Usability] user levels, etc.

David Moles <david moles vykor com> writes:

> On 2001.11.14 09:32 Dennis Bjorklund wrote:
> > On 12 Nov 2001, Seth Nickell wrote:
> >
> > > Currently the only two applications on my system that seem to do this
> > > are Evolution and GNUStep (ie WindowMaker).
> >
> > What is this Nautilus directory I always get in ~/. I never use it for
> > anything.
> >
> [...]
> >
> > If I could just get rid of all these things I gladly use ~/ as my desktop.
>
> On that subject, Nautilus seems to be creating a "david's Home" icon on the
> desktop even when the desktop is ~/ -- if I delete it, it ends up getting
> recreated next time Nautilus starts or restarts. Is that expected behavior?

Yes.  I was going to turn it off in the RH patches, until I started
finding it pretty darn useful.  Often I have a partially obscured
desktop.  When I want to do something in the home directory, I find it
easier to find the home icon and do it in the window, than trying to
make room on the desktop.

Thanks,
-Jonathan