Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: [Usability] user levels, etc.

On Mon, 2001-11-19 at 11:49, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> David Moles <david moles vykor com> writes:

> > > What is this Nautilus directory I always get in ~/. I never use it for
> > > anything.
> > >
> > [...]
> > >
> > > If I could just get rid of all these things I gladly use ~/ as my desktop.
> >
> > On that subject, Nautilus seems to be creating a "david's Home" icon on the
> > desktop even when the desktop is ~/ -- if I delete it, it ends up getting
> > recreated next time Nautilus starts or restarts. Is that expected behavior?
>
> Yes.  I was going to turn it off in the RH patches, until I started
> finding it pretty darn useful.  Often I have a partially obscured
> desktop.  When I want to do something in the home directory, I find it
> easier to find the home icon and do it in the window, than trying to
> make room on the desktop.

One useful feature that might help this is if there was a "show desktop"
button on the panel (with an associated keyboard command).  I'd imagine
that it could just be a sawfish script that iconified everything...and
clicking it again would un-iconify things.  It seems like it would
probably be easy for those who know rep.