Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus vs. xpenguins

Eric Kidd <eric kidd pobox com> writes:
> Problems include:

There's obviously a tradeoff. FWIW we'd decided to take the Nautilus
approach for gnome-fm before it ever became Nautilus - I don't
remember all the reasons unfortunately. Maybe someone else does.

All the problems you mention can be worked around eventually, apps
just have to be desktop-aware. They can be aware of the "desktop
manager" in a gnome/kde-independent way using the WM spec.

Havoc