Re: [gnome-love] Re: [Nautilus-list] GNOME userenvironmentbrainstorming

Heya,
This sparks the question - What should be in the default panel as
regards numbers/types of panels, launchers and applets?? and at the
end of the day, who decides?? ;)

I know this is all hardcoded into the panel source code at the moment
but this won't be the case in the future. Ain't that right George? :)
And at least there won't be any need for the 'copy over of panel
config before log in' hack...and then perhaps in the future we could
have some sort of heirarchical scheme so that different groups override
this default panel config in different ways....I think this would rock :)

I suppose it's another usability issue for usefulness versus eye
candy as regards the default panel config though.

I've suggested this before [mainly on IRC], but would it be a useful
thing to organize a session on IRC [well maybe multiple sessions - one
for the US, one for Europe, etc] where we talk about these issues and
try and get some of them resolved? Maybe it's too early to decide quite
yet...but I think it would be good to get working on some of these things.

		Anyways...see ya,
			Glynn ;) [another CDE switcher hater]