[Nautilus-list] flicker at startup (was Re: Nautilus vs. xpenguins)

On Sunday, May 27, 2001, at 02:21  PM, Ben Ford wrote:

Hmm. I could be wrong, but I think the point was that Nautilus is so slow to start that in the meantime Nautilus users get a really nasty flicker. If we had a lightweight desktop manager, it would be much faster.

I think we can get rid of the flash. I don't think the issue is "slow startup". No one has ever tackled the problem, but my guess is that it would be very easy to fix.

    -- Darin