Re: [Nautilus-list] Compiling (from cvs) on debian unstable

Darin Adler writes:

 > On Thursday, May 24, 2001, at 03:05  AM, Simeon Walker wrote:
 >
 > > A note for Debian unstable users, the autogen process will fail
 > > with the latest version, 2.5, of autoconf. I reverted to 2.13.
 >
 > Do you by any chance know why it failed, or have log output that could
 > help me figure out why? I was thinking I might get a head start on fixing
 > this problem rather than waiting until we have some other reason to switch
 > to autoconf.

I saw a similar problem in FlightGear with the newest automake package
from Debian Sid -- it turned out that autoconf was no longer reading
acsite.m4 from the local directory.  I don't have the Nautilus source
installed on my system, but if there's an acsite.m4 file, try renaming
it to acinclude.m4, rerun aclocal and autoconf, and see if everything
works then.

All the best,

David

--