Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: [PMH] Idea for Nautilus and GMC.
- From: Steven Willoughby <stevew nffs com>
- To: Miles Lane <miles megapathdsl net>
- Cc: Miguel de Icaza <miguel ximian com>, Jakub Steiner <jimmac ximian com>, nautilus-list eazel com, mc gnome org, prion-me-harder ximian com
- Subject: Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: [PMH] Idea for Nautilus and GMC.
- Date: 23 May 2001 16:28:41 -0600
On 23 May 2001 14:59:31 -0700, Miles Lane wrote:
> It would be cool to be able to:
> Click on a RPM link to download the RPM file
> and then have an installer kick off that shows
> the RPM info and asks for an installation
> confirmation. Then, prompt for the root
> password before actually installing the package.
This would be even cooler if there was a standardized app that prompts
for the root password (as it seems like there is, in gnome) and have it
do something like sudo does, i.e. only prompts again after a
configurable amount of seconds.
] [Thread Prev