Re: [Nautilus-list] nautilus 1.0.3 problem

on 5/9/01 10:54 PM, Louis Garcia at louisg00 bellsouth net wrote:

> Nautilus does not want to start on its own after logon. As a normal user
> on a RH7.1 box the first time I log on nautilus frist time druid runs
> fine but all logons after that I'm looking at the desktop and the panel
> but no nautilus. I have to run nautilus from the menu. Yes, I'm choosing
> nautilus from gdm-2.2.1 with gnome-core-1.4.0.4 This never happened with
> 1.0.2.
>
> Any ideas?

Nautilus doesn't automatically open a window at startup time. You have to
open a window by typing "nautilus" or by using the New Window command from
the desktop right-click menu.

It's possible that the window you got each time you logged in with 1.0.2 was
due to a bug in Nautilus. I'm not sure.

    -- Darin