Re: [Nautilus-list] updated list of RSS feeds

Bart Decrem wrote:

Hi Ben,

It sounds like Jon Allen is also interested in helping out with this, so I'm bringing
this thread on-list.

Yes, it'd be great if users could just click on a link in the directory to add a news
feed.  Is that easy to do?  Can the sample code be made to work with Nautilus
somehow?  Is that something you want to help with?

As a different approach than the javascript snippet I posted earlier, we could create a mimetype. (application/nautilus-rss?) and simply make small xml files like:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<rss_news_channels>
<rss_channel name="Advogato" uri=http://advogato.org/rss/articles.xml"; <http://advogato.org/rss/articles.xml> show="false" open="false"/>
</rss_news_channels>

and put a handler within Nautilus that would add these to the news feed file. You could do personal or global install and it would use a suid helper app to install globally after prompting for root password.

-b

--
Three things are certain:
Death, taxes, and lost data