Re: [Nautilus-list] Canceling a drag.

> > You can drag with the right mouse button, so you couldn't use that for
> > cancelling all drags.
>
> Ouch! True. How about "the other button"?
>
> I really would like to see this done with the mouse, I sometimes press
> the right button (I usually do not drag with it) and then begin to
> wonder how was the canceling done and then begin to search for my
> keyboard and press the esc.

Forgive me if this has been proposed and rejected, but what's wrong with the
Windows approach where if you drop the files back into their original source
directory (ie. effectively moving them back to where they started) the drag
has no effect? I think the whole idea of cancelling a drag in progress using
a mouse button or keystroke has too much potential for inadvertant
side-effects... especially on x86 boxes where the third button is emulated
using buttons 1 and 2 pressed together.

Just my 2p worth :)

-D-

Dylan Beattie              dylan zepler org
http://www.zepler.org/~dylan/  ICQ 34865704