Re: [Nautilus-list] Please exercise new Scripts feature

> A nice way to do this would be through CORBA. When a script is run it
> could have the IOR of the NautilusView or whatever in its environment.
> Then any scripting language with CORBA support (e.g. rep!) could call
> the functions..

I second this, emphatically.  Then using something like CORBA::ORBit or
ORBit-Python, one can write quick and easy perl or python scripts to
control Nautilus this way.  And, obviously, regular applications can
take advantage of this control too.

For example, I use GQview to view images in my directory, but Nautilus
to view the overall directory with thumbnails (this way I can use
emblems and sort by them).  When changing to a different image in
GQview, it would be very nice if the Nautilus view would highlight the
new image I'm viewing.  This way if I decide "hey, this is a nice
image," I see right away which file I need to drop the emblem on because
it is selected.  (Otherwise I have to look at the filename and hunt it
down in the Nautilus view.)  If there was a way to control Nautlus
through CORBA, applications like GQview could take advantage of it this
way.

Regards,
Jason.