Re: [Nautilus-list] Please exercise new Scripts feature

John Sullivan writes:
|> Would it be at all feasible to expose nautilus shell functions in the
|> API?  It would be very useful if one could script some of these things
|> (like refresh) in a general case.
|
|This sounds like a very interesting and powerful direction that the new
|scripts feature could eventually head in. I'm hoping that the feature can be
|useful even without this extra work though.

A nice way to do this would be through CORBA. When a script is run it
could have the IOR of the NautilusView or whatever in its environment.
Then any scripting language with CORBA support (e.g. rep!) could call
the functions..

(I was thinking about doing this for the GNOME terminal, but never got
around to it..)

	John