Re: [Nautilus-list] [Suggestion]:Album Folder View

Ramiro Estrugo <ramiro fateware com> writes:

> "Psyk[o]" wrote:
> >
> > Hi, I've a suggestion for Nautilus. I've send to the list a little jpg
> > (25k) made with gimp.
> > I have idea to insert a new floder view, the "View as Album" mode.
> > I think that the jpg is auto esplicative.
> >
> > Excuse me for the larger size of this mail.
> >
> > Hi
> >

> Yes!  This is a good idea and Andy and I have been wanting to hack on
> this feature for a long time.
>
> Part of the reason why it doesnt exist is that a normal Icon View with
> thumbnailing is pretty good for most uses.
>
> I think a Album View could do more specialized things, like digital
> photography stuff, batch manipulation of images, etc.
>
> Maybe folks that use Nautilus with digital cameras have some specific
> suggestions ?

I started doing something like this once, but got a little bogged down
when I tried to use the icon view.  Anyway, I think one thing would be
nice is the ability to extract the magic strings from jpegs that digital
cameras embed.  This information can be extracted with a variety of
programs -- jhead is one that comes to mind.  Additionally, a way to
orient pictures would be useful.

While we're somewhat on the topic -- I vaguely recall that there was a
gphoto based vfs.  Is that still around?  Does anyone know anything
about it?

Thanks,
-Jonathan