Re: [Nautilus-list] "Folder" vs. "Directory" terminology

I don't know if there was user testing behind the choice...but... What
is a "directory" in standard parlance? Certainely somebody shown a
picture of one of the Nautilus "folder/directory" icons would not say it
was a picture of a directory. The word "folder" corresponds to the
folder icon, which is already in standard use.

IMO, to use the term directory while displaying a "folder" is a bad
choice, and offhand I can't think of an icon that conveys the notion of
a "directory/folder" in a way that is markedly superior to "folder".
Without any reason to "be different" we shouldn't be different, since
that's likely to cause unnecessary confusion.

-Seth