Re: [Nautilus-list] hidden files bug

Alex Larsson <alexl redhat com> writes:

> On 13 Jun 2001, Yoann Vandoorselaere wrote:
>
> > I, for one, believe this could be the issue making home directory

> Although i have noticed one thing about the home dir. When you open a new
> window and you already have a window displaying the home dir the loading
> of the new window is slower. The speed drop scales lineary with the amount
> of open home windows.
>
> The reason is this: When you open a new window the directory you're gonna
> display is invalidated, so you won't get stale data. (This is done by the
> nautilus_directory_force_reload() call in begin_location_change()).

AFAIK, the nautilus_directory_force_reload() in begin_localtion_change()
is bogus and should be fixed (*If* I remember right, I had a discution
with Darin a while ago about this, and, if I remember right, it is a
workaround for a problem (I don't remember which) :-) ).

--
Yoann Vandoorselaere | "Programming is a race between programmers, who try and
MandrakeSoft         | make more and more idiot-proof software, and universe,