Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: GNOME user environment brainstorming

On 07 Jun 2001 11:35:37 -0700, Adam Zolkover wrote:
On 07 Jun 2001 14:04:49 -0400, Abe Fettig wrote:

 > Just wanted to chime in: My favorite thing about GNOME is its
 > configurability.  In fact, my only major complaints with GNOME right now
 > is the lack of configurability of the menu panel.
 >
 > What I would like to see is a single, extremely configurable panel.
 > Make the "Finder" thing on the right hand side or the menu panel
 > available as an applet.  Make a menu applet that allows you to specify
 > which menus you want to include in it, and whether they should show up
 > as text (as in the current menu panel) or icons (as in current panel
 > menus).  Get rid of the "Menu, Edge, Aligned, Sliding, or Floating"
 > panel types and give the panel config options to allow users to set it
 > up like any of the current panels.

    Here here.  The aspect of GNOME that makes me use it over a simple
 window manager is the incredible configurability.  if anything, I'd
like
 to see it becomre more configurable.  I'd like to be able to have panel
 icons bigger than the panel itself, and I'd like to have an option to
 turn on icon magnification (like in KDE).  As far as panels go, I don't
 think that there should be a menu panel.  There should be options for
 menu, edge, aligned, Sliding, etc...and everything that's on the menu
 panel now should be applets.  I'd also like to see the finder thing and
 the menus as applets that I could add to panels at my own
 discression...well, I ramble, so I'll stop now.

 Peace.

 Adam.