[Nautilus-list] Re: magic desktop URIs

On Thursday, July 19, 2001, at 06:19  PM, Havoc Pennington wrote:

      preferences:  /usr/share/control-center
      programs:     /etc/X11/applnk + /usr/share/gnome/apps
      sysconfig:    /etc/X11/sysconfig
      serverconfig: /etc/X11/serverconfig
      favorites:    ~/.gnome/apps
      starthere:    /etc/X11/starthere

I love "preferences", "programs", and "favorites". I am not as happy with the "star there" scheme, or the "syscon" and "servercon" schemes that all use the "fig" protocol.

I like Andy's suggestion of "start:" instead of "starthere:", but I don't have a better suggestion for "sysconfig:" or "serverconfig:", partly because I have no idea what you'd find in those (directories full of config files to edit?).

    -- Darin