Re: [Nautilus-list] Wrong icon for HTML file in WebDAV

On Saturday, July 7, 2001, at 03:59  PM, Abe Fettig wrote:

OK, I think I see what's happening now... Nautilus sees that I'm at an
HTTP URL, so it views .html files as "links" to web pages.  However, I
would argue that this behavior should change when you're using the
webdav view.  Since you're dealing with uploading and downloading files,
shouldn't files appear the same as they would on a local drive or FTP
server?

We wanted the icon in the sidebar to be web-ish, so we added a special case to the icon factory. It is indeed possible to make this icon appear in the sidebar and bookmarks list only, showing a different icon in the icon and list views that is not different for files that come via http. I think it might be a small improvement if we do that, but it requires adding appropriate API to the icon factory so it can yield different icons in these two different circumstances.

It's not worth it for me to work on this at the moment, but I'd be willing to help someone else if they want to tackle it.

    -- Darin