Re: [Nautilus-list] Wrong icon for HTML file in WebDAV

On 04 Jul 2001 07:08:13 +0800, Ian McKellar wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 03:36:05PM -0400, Abe Fettig wrote:
> > I was just testing out webdav in nautilus and noticed something strange.
> > When I look at an HTML file on my local drive, it gets displayed with my
> > theme's gnome-text-html.png icon.  But when I upload it (via webdav) to
> > http://test.webdav.org/dav, it gets displayed with the i-web.png icon,
> > which is a pain since i'm using the Ximian South theme and the i-web
> > icon is BIG!  If I right-click and Show Properties the file shows up as
> > type text/html whether it's on my local drive or the remote webdav
> > folder.
> >
> > Is this a bug?  Shouldn't files of the same MIME type use the same icon
> > whether or not they're local?
>
> No, there was some reason that the sidebar icon isn't only based on mime-type,
> but often also uri-scheme. I don't remember the reasons anymore - perhaps it
> had to do with image/text previews. Andy? Darin? I think it was one of you
> who explained it to me.

OK, I think I see what's happening now... Nautilus sees that I'm at an
HTTP URL, so it views .html files as "links" to web pages.  However, I
would argue that this behavior should change when you're using the
webdav view.  Since you're dealing with uploading and downloading files,
shouldn't files appear the same as they would on a local drive or FTP
server?

Abe