Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus desktop uses all of my memory and CPU

On Friday, July 6, 2001, at 12:08  PM, Caleb Land wrote:

	A little while ago, whilst using Nautilus 1.0.3.2-CVS, my desktop
stopped working.  Whenever I tried to load nautilus with the desktop, it
would use all of my memory, fill my swap space, and consume my CPU
cycles until I could A) reset the computer B) manage to kill it.  I
compiled Nautilus 1.0.4 into RPMs yesterday, and tried it, but alas, it
still does it.

I have been running Nautilus with the "--no-desktop" option and it runs
fine, and I can even navigate to the desktop folder without any problem.

	Does anybody know what might cause this, or how I could find out what
is causing it?

I have no idea what causes this, and I'd like to fix it, but I don't know where to begin. Can you debug it at all? Maybe an strace?

    -- Darin