Re: [Nautilus-list] select all, unselect all and invert selection patch

> On Thursday, June 14, 2001, at 01:17  PM, Benedikt Roth wrote:
>
> > the attached patch improves the behaviour of the 'Select All' menu item
> > and adds two new menu items to the 'Edit' menu: 'Unselect All'
> > and 'Invert Selection'.
>
> I personally think that Unselect All is not a very good addition. And I
> think that Invert Selection is a pretty strange feature. I guess it can be
> useful, and it does fit into the family with commands like "Select by file
> glob" or "Select by regular expression", but it seems hard to understand.
> It sounds to me like something that would turn my images upside down, not
> something that would select everything in the window that's not currently
> selected.

I agree that "Invert Selection" and "Unselect All" aren't very good
additions, though being able to select by file glob or regex would be
wonderful.

name:    Jamin Philip Gray
email:   jgray writeme com
icq:     1361499
jabber:  jamin jabber com
web:     http://DoLinux.org/jamin/

Death, be not proud, though some have callèd thee
Mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so;
For those whom thou think'st thou dost overthrow
Die not, poor Death, nor yet canst thou kill me.