Re: [Nautilus-list] nautilus as help viewer?

On 08 Jul 2001 12:03:42 -0500, Dan Mueth wrote:

> I built RPM's from the tarball for two of my machines (RH7.0, RH7.1) and I
> didn't have this problem on either one.
>
> Did you do anything unusual when you built them, like changing the prefix
> it is installed under?  You documentation, for Nautilus and other GNOME
> packages, should live under /usr/share/gnome/help.  If it is not there
> then I would expect you to get these errors.
>
> One thing to try is to put in the full path:
>    help:/usr/share/gnome/help/nautilus-user-manual/C/nautilus-user-manual
>
> Does that work?
>
> Dan

unfortunately not:

the file is there, yes, I can view it plain text
But when I put the "help:" in front of the path then I get the error
message. I tried
help:/usr/share/gnome/help/nautilus-user-manual/C/nautilus-user-manual.sgml and also
help:/usr/share/gnome/help/nautilus-user-manual/C/nautilus-user-manual

what else could it be?

Jens