Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus with ogg

Remi Cohen-Scali <Remi Cohen-Scali Sun COM> writes:

> Jonathan Blandford wrote:
>
> >Marius Stepien <marius linuxgamer de> writes:
> >
> >>Hello !
> >>
> >>I like the abbility of nautilus to listen to MP3s by leaving the mouse
> >>pointer above a mp3 file. Now I plan to convert my MP3s to ogg vorbis,
> >>so I wanted to ask if there are plans to make nautilus support this
> >>file-type ?  Thank you !
> >>

> >It should do that already.  It would be nice to have someone port the
> >music view to handle .ogg files, though.  I started this a while ago,
> >but put it down due to the 'not-enough-spare-cycles' problem.
> >Interested???
> >
> >-Jonathan

> I also did some work about it. I would be interrested in sharing
> experiences about it. Was you able to read ogg files ?
> I was able to read ogg in preview mode (add no problems) but I ran
> into some problems when implementing the multi threaded player. It
> turns into an instable state after 2 or three play/stop/pause
> cycles. I also didn't yet implemented the fetch functionality.
> Another work I think should be done is to enable the music view to be
> file type/player type independent. I have some thought about it, but I
> did nothing at now.

I just added a music-file abstraction to the player, and then changed
added the ogg/mp3 as backends to them.  You can see the patch at:
http://people.redhat.com/jrb/files/music.patch
I'm not sure how cleanly it applies anymore, though.

Anyway, I never quite got it to play -- just display .ogg files
correctly.  If you start doing work again, I wouldn't mind taking a
quick look at it.

Thanks,
-Jonathan