Re: [Nautilus-list] More thinking....

>> A thing that made me realy confused was the preferences, or more exactly
>> the location of the menu entry. In all applications I have used it's
>> under the Edit menu or the View menu, but here it was under the ski
>> sign.... this just feels strange. I would like to see it moved to the
>> Edit menu where I (and a lot of people with me) think it belongs.

>>Mattias Eriksson

>The reason it's under the Ski symbol menu is because you get a
>different set of preferences at different user levels, so the menu
>name changes to "Edit Advanced Preferences", "Edit Beginner
>Preferences", etc. I personally agree with you that it should be under
>the Edit menu, and this change may yet be made if you file a bug
>report explaining your confusion at http://bugzilla.eazel.com/.

>We tend to be pretty responsive to bug reports.

>This issue is further confused by the fact that there are other
>settings/preferences related dialogs that *are* in the Edit menu.

> - Maciej

Just wanted to add that the location for preferences can be confusing anyhow.
By reformulating what is a preference and how du you handle it you can put it
into Edit, View, Options and Files.

I belive preferences should be centralized somehow. This is because preferences
should be system-wide, otherwise the user must adapt to different environments
in every application on the desktop.

John Blad