Re: [Nautilus-list] Window re-use

It is not the case that windows always get re-used. It is the case that if
you do not have the "open each file or folder in a separate window"
preference set, activating an item on the Desktop will reuse the frontmost
Nautilus window. This is a recent change, intended to match the behavior of
other programs that use a single window for navigating around multiple
locations, like a web browser.

You can choose "Open in New Window" from the right-click menu to force a new
window at any time.

John