Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus Performance

I've been seeing the same problem, and I just figured out what's causing it. It's the Tree view in the sidebar panel. With the Tree tab in the sidebar, Nautilus keeps the CPU pegged for about 25 seconds after a new window has otherwise fully loaded (all icon and directory info displayed and the throbber stopped). Without it, CPU use drops off as soon as the window loads. The clue was that I noticed the excessive usage *wasn't* happening under the "Novice" settings, so I went about figuring out what was different between the two. Tree view turned out to be the culprit.

I just posted a bug (#6863) about this.

Yours,
-- Adam Haile

Seth Nickell wrote:

What is the size of your /etc/mtab, just out of general interest? You
wouldn't happen to have more than 9/10 entries would you?