Re: [Nautilus-list] A whole list of feauture requests and bugs

Seth Nickell <snickell stanford edu> writes:

> > - CVS integration. I have not yet seen *any* user-friendly interface to CVS
>
> I have tried to convince a few aspiring Nautilus programmers to work on
> a CVS module, but no takers yet. Currently Eazel people are working on
> critical functionality, but we're always more than happy to have people
> work on plugins and modules. The first step would probably be a
> gnome-vfs cvs module.

No, a gnome-vfs cvs module would be one of the last steps. The first
step would be figuring oujt a good UI design for presenting versioned
files (both layers on top of the filesystem like CVS or RCS and
filesystems capable of inherent versioning like directly accessing a
cvs repository or a WebDAV site with the versioning extensions. The
second step would be designing a gome-vfs level API for versioned file
systems. Somewhere after these would be possibly implementing a
gnome-vfs module if that turned out to be the right design.

 - Maciej